Wednesday, March 21, 2012

The Siren and the Zombie sailor

I only have two classes this week because my professor is in this really cool masters program and she has to go to texas so with all of this freetime I decided to get some extra art done.


He's recently died of thirst and thats why he's not decaying yet?
Also the top inch or so of orange is missing. that's where a title & author would go if this were a book cover.

Between the constantly re-doing of things that should be finished and ignoring this painting for weeks I have never spent quite so much time on any one thing and it's hardly done yet! I really hope to have this finished before my senior showcase show. I'm quite proud or it so far. I really miss doing digital paintings, traditional media can be like walking through mud to get to a final There's so much between idea and actually getting to start work on a piece. Digital seems to cut out so much measuring, gessoing, projecting, paint mixing, needing to go to the store to buy one more pencil/brush/paint/thing, and cleaning off all my brushes.

Speaking of which here is another Acrylic and pencil that went okay, but it was more of a learning experience than something I'd frame.

No comments: